Thursday 17 October 2013

Stampin' Up! Tape It Christmas Tree Card

Morning Everyone!

Here is the second instalment of my experimental session using my new Stampin' Up! set - Tape It. This is a stamp set that looks like WASHI TAPE! So exciting :)

So I experimented with the stamps, Old Olive & Gumball Green ink and the Season of Style Designer Series Paper Stack from the 2013-2014 Autumn/Winter Catalogue.

So my problem with before (see Tuesday's post) was the overall image did not seem tree like - as in shaped. I decided to use the scrap pieces to make a torn triangle point and taped the paper down to use as a mask. See below . . . 



Once I had stamped my layers of "tape" I added the glimmer paper decorations using the owl builder punch. .

I was much happier with the overall look of the tree and decided to go a step further.

 

With my next card I decided to make a glimmer tree trunk using the waist coat / chest from the owl builder punch, I cut across the top to keep the lines clean.

I think this tree looks a lot nicer than the other experiments :)

Check back Saturday to see a card make with the leftover DSP scraps!
Thanks for looking,
Sarah.
 P.S. check out my website :

No comments:

Post a Comment